What do you think

SteveC

What do you think

#1 Post by SteveC »

From today at St Adians.
Three pictures all processed differently they all went through De Noise, Is Giga pic worth it ?.
One processed PS
One processed PS then Enhanced
One processed PS then Giga
:o :o :o

_60A1113.jpg
_60A1113.jpg (779.99 KiB) Viewed 1830 times
_60A1113-Enhanced.jpg
_60A1113-Enhanced.jpg (955.88 KiB) Viewed 1830 times
_60A1113-standard-scale-2_00x-gigapixel.jpg
_60A1113-standard-scale-2_00x-gigapixel.jpg (813.98 KiB) Viewed 1830 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: What do you think

#2 Post by admin »

I think when you are only viewing them on the forum, it doesn`t make any difference. In fact all 3 look the same to me. Don`t forget you are upscaling them and then downscaling them again to go on the forum, so any extra detail that`s been created, you are losing again, so if you are not using that extra resolution it`s probably not going to be worth it to you. It may be better to save your money and just use `de-noise` because I think that makes the biggest difference, and just use enhance when you occasionally want to upscale. :D :D I think if you can`t see any benefit when you view the full file, then I wouldn`t bother with it.

SteveC

#3 Post by SteveC »

When you see the full files the Gigapixel one is far superior to the enhance file especially the eye 👁.
Of course that is where the watermark is. I had forgot about the forum sizing and how it makes
pictures more the same if they aren't great anyway. :roll:

admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by admin »

I have just processed a bike shot in both Gigapixel and enhance and the enhance file is poor in comparison, it seems to try and create detail where there should be none like paintwork etc and makes it look a bit crap, so that`s a win for Gigapixel and it seems to work better for bird shots than enhance, but that`s just in my eyes. If you do not need to upscale then it may not be needed, but it`s certainly helped with my prints. I tried landscapes with Gigapixel and they are also great but De-noise seems to not work so well.

I think for me it`s just nice to have all the options. :D

SteveC

#5 Post by SteveC »

Yeah, one day maybe, I'm just considering the 50mm lens so I have 2 lenses to play with.
The guy at Morley has a new one for £ 179 on eBay, think I have is phone number and thought about
ringing him to see if he can do a better price for cash collect no fees no post, as a eBay seller what would you do.
It is already the cheapest I can find. :roll: :roll: :roll:

admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by admin »

I suppose it depends on how desperate he is to sell it. I am an obstinate so and so, I would probably say buy it or don`t buy I don`t care! ;) but most people are far more pleasant than me. :lol:

Is it the RF version or EF. :?:

SteveC

#7 Post by SteveC »

I's an Rf but I'm not really bothered as far as I have read it's only a mediocre lens's any way.
As the saying (which we both hate) goes It's a good lens's for the money and it's only to play with. :roll: :roll: :roll:

admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by admin »

It seems like a bargain, didn`t you say that the list price is well over 300.

SteveC

#9 Post by SteveC »

Yeah! I did, that was from Panamoz. Wex do it for £214

admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by admin »

Ahh yes you told me didn`t you. The old brain isn`t what it used to be. :oops: :oops: