Watermarking Images

Post here about Software, Equipment and General chat
admin
Site Admin

Watermarking Images

#1 Post by admin »

What`s your view on watermarking images, do you think it looks OK, or is it a no no. :?:

The reason I ask is I`m going to join Facebook, instagram, Tik Tok, Youtube etc. :o
Just kidding I think you know that`s not going to happen. :lol: :lol:
I was thinking about making a book with bird photographs and then I had the idea of just having some prints made and keeping them in a box and then if I just wanted to replace an image because I had a better one I could do that. I thought they might look OK witha title on and a watermark but not sure. As usual yours thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :D :D
_DSF4939-Enhanced.jpg
_DSF4939-Enhanced.jpg (890.25 KiB) Viewed 2567 times

SteveC

Re: Watermarking Images

#2 Post by SteveC »

Is that a watermark? I honestly thought a watermark was a mark hidden in the picture so it
couldn't be copied :oops: :oops: :oops:
I don't mind titles in fact I have been tempted to title some of my photos a couple of times.
If you want a book 📖 with changeable pages why don't you try a ring binder type book, I'm sure they
make good quality 8-)

admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by admin »

Yeah, I suppose technically that`s a signature, it only becomes a watermark when you put it on the image, but you know what I mean. :D

Tried looking for a nice book with interchangeable pages but they are expensive and not really that practical, most of them seem to have transparent sleeves to slide prints into which I don`t like.
They only seem to take small prints too.

SteveC

#4 Post by SteveC »

That's a shame but typical they never have what you want. :roll:

admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by admin »

Not that I`m fussy or anything. :lol: :lol: